Thursday, May 24, 2007

WYOMING!!!










We finally made it to the Ming today!! We all stopped in front of the big sign and took pictures, Mom was so excited and so was I. The temperature decreased almost as soon as we entered the cowboy state, it was sort of odd. This state is different than any of the others. Gone are the rolling fields and irrigation systems and in their place are golden brown outcropings, and oil wells! The mountains that were in the distance were amazing. There aren't any trees here so you can still see forever. Every once in a while you'll see a county dirt road that goes all the way up to the hills. The land is much drier here and yet it can snow anytime of the year! We saw a lot of little deer or antelope looking things that were really cute. Tonight for dinner we went into town and ate at The Aspen. This place was amazing. It was an old Victorian house so you can imagine that Mom loved it. We felt a bit under dressed since we didn't know what it was going to be like. We had our on little room upstairs all to ourselves. The food and waiters were first class. Mom and Dad said it was the best food they've had since the Greystone Manor was shut down. All I know is that it was delicious. Dinner consisted of the usual conversation and a bit of goofing around from me and Dad ;) We also went to an old west museum in Cheyenne which was interesting and that I have some pics of. Well tomorrows the big day. I'll get to meet my new bosses and the place that I'll call home for three months. I cant wait!! Until then, I miss you all and keep in touch!

4 comments:

Into Memories Photography said...

Hey Jeannie!! LOVE the pictures! Wow, you guys sure look like you are having a lot of fun out West there. I'm glad you got the picture feature of the blog thing fixed. That would stink to lose sharing all these pictures with us! Looks like we're heading up to PL on either Sunday night or Monday morning for Kraeger's memorial day party. I'm not sure who I will hang out with though, since you won't be there...maybe Amanda. Looks like I'll be doing another photography session with our wedding photographers. They posted something on their blog where they are looking from past brides of theirs to shoot some cool/different pictures. You can read about it here: http://blog.pictureinfinity.com/ - it's the "Trash the Dress" posting. I'm not going to trash my own dress, but they said they'd love to shoot me and they will buy a cheap dress for me...all I have to pay for is if I want to get my hair done for it, and I get all the pictures free!!!! I'm pretty excited and it's some more motivation for me to lose a few pounds before then. Well, that's about all that's new for now. Dave had a big bonfire last night to burn some of the wood from the porch. Luke came over for that. They ended up playing basketball PIG until 1:30 AM (Dave ended up winning).

Laura said...

Great pictures Jeannie:) Looks like you guys are making the most out of the long car ride. I'm glad you made it to the Ming safely! I cant wait to see where you'll be staying and maybe pictures of your bosses and co-workers? Good luck getting aquatinted with the new job and all. Can't wait to see new pics!

Hbat said...

It looks like you're having a blast so far. I am so excited for you and can not wait to visit this summer. Keep the posts and pics coming!

HB

linz said...

Hey Jeannie I love the pics, you look gorgeous! Mom and Hill are excited to get out and join in your adventure I wish I could come too. I hope everything is going well for you. Have fun! Love Ya!