Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Iowa






Hello everyone! Well we didn't make it to Nebraska but we made it to Iowa. Today was another easy day on the road for me, towards the end of the trip dad was starting to get a little bit loopy and goofy but that's always welcomed! I guess i was suppose to say how we had a little trouble with the rental car situation yesterday. We got swindled into some insurance that we didn't need and that made my dad pretty upset because that was $120 down the drain. Needless tto say he embarrassed my mom a bit at the rent a car counter. You live and learn I guess. We went through Illinois and on our way out into Iowa we passed the Mississippi River. I have pics that I'll post of it. Here its a bit drier and more open than in New York. The farms are amazing with their flat fields that go on forever and huge irrigation systems. Out here there are a lot more beef cattle than milk cows. The land is rolling and pretty. It rained a little bit and they are calling for thunderstorms. That would be nice! We went out to eat at a chinese food buffet where i had alot of food to eat including frog legs!! I've always wanted to try them and they were really good! They tasted just like chicken mmm mm good! (Pic of me with the frog leg too)Tonight we might watch a movie if we can find anything good on. We had some trouble in our first room here at the Days Inn with the internet so we had to move to another room and now it seems to be working fine. I miss and love everyone! Leave me comments! I love em :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jeannie!! Love the pics! You are a good story teller, and the long descriptions of your day is just what we love to hear about. We wish we could have gone out with you, but hearing all that you are doing, helps a lot. We sold the Saturn yesterday to a guy who is planning on fixing it up for his brother. So, we're glad that it will be on the road again and someone can get good use out of it. It was kinda sad watching it go, for both Dave and I, as it was his Mom's car. The suburban is still on ebay for another 4 days, so hopefully that will sell as well. Lady is a bed hog!! You'd think bc she is so small that she'd wouldn't be a problem on our huge bed, but she is! Oh well, she's still a sweetie and is enjoying being at our house. She is never lonely...she is either with the cat or the dogs, or all of us. Must go for now, I'll check on later tonight! Keep the posts coming...Love, Pam